Westmont College Pool
955 La Paz Road
Santa Barbara CA 93108
Global Leadership Center
955 La Paz Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93108
Westmont College Covid-19 Update
Westmont College has updated their COVID-19 Policy. Parents are required to attest to the following upon camp arrival:
- My child is fully vaccinated. Show proof of full vaccination status either digitally or on paper at Camp Check-In.
- If not vaccinated, show proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 5 days of arrival. (Approved tests include: Antigen, Rapid, or PCR test.) Show proof either digitally or on paper at Camp Check-In.
- Guests with symptoms (fever, aches, nausea, headache, loss of taste/smell, etc.) should not come to camp and will not be allowed to stay on campus.
Camp Check-In and Orientation for both swimmers and parents will take place at the Westmont College Pool. Please park in the lot closest to the Murchison Gym, located near the Pool.
Swimmers will start camp immediately following Orientation, and should arrive to camp wearing swimsuits underneath their dry-land clothing.
Monday, June 20, at 7:30 a.m. - 7:45 a.m.
Pool deck of the Westmont College Pool
Use the Cold Spring Lower Entrance to Westmont College campus, not the Main Entrance.
- Turn into the Cold Spring Lower Entrance from Cold Spring Road.
- Follow the campus road and signs to the Murchison Physical Education Complex.
- Parking is available outside the front of Murchison Gym or to the side of the Pool.
Luggage may be brought to Camp Check-In at the pool facility and stored until room check-in later that day.
Camp concludes with our special Finale Ceremony conducted at the Westmont College Pool. Parents are invited to attend and should plan to pick-up their children promptly afterwards.
Since camp dismisses early on Friday, there will not be a lunch period that day and swimmers should plan to eat with their families afterwards.
Friday, June 24, at 11:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Pool Deck bleachers
After the ceremony, Overnight campers may proceed to the camp residence to pick-up their luggage.
What to Bring
Below is a recommended list of equipment and apparel. Peak Performance Swim Camp is not responsible for lost or stolen articles or money. Do NOT bring valuable items to camp with you – such as laptop computers or tablets.
- 2 Water Bottles – Properly labeled & already filled
- Swimsuit worn underneath dry-land clothing
- 2 Swim Caps (your personal favorites)
- Dark-Tinted or Mirrored Goggles
- Sunscreen SPF 30 or Higher
- 2 Large Pool Towels
- Closed-Toe Running Shoes for dry-land training
- Dry-Land Apparel: T-Shirt, Shorts, Leggings or Sweatpants
- Sweatshirt or Jacket
- Do NOT bring fins, pull-buoys, kick boards, etc.
- All of the Above Items
- Plus additional 2-3 Swimsuits
- Casual Clothing for Evening Activities
- Personal Toiletries (body wash, shampoo, conditioner, etc.)
- Extra Spending Money*
* Extra Spending Money: Parents may choose to send extra spending cash with their overnight camper. We suggest approximately $50-$75 to use for additional snacks and beverages, or souvenirs. Safekeeping of any cash allowance for overnight campers can be turned over to a camp staff member. Peak Performance Swim Camp is not responsible for valuables not under their supervision.
Food and Beverage
- All swimmers must bring 2 personal water bottles to camp, properly labeled, and already filled.
- A catered lunch for all campers (Day and Overnight) will be provided on Monday-Thursday.
- For swimmers with special diets (vegetarian, gluten-free, nut allergies, etc), we do our best to provide a healthy lunch alternative. However, swimmers may bring their own lunch if they prefer.
- The daily meal plan for Overnight campers includes a healthy, well-balanced breakfast/lunch/dinner, starting with lunch service on June 20, and ending with breakfast on June 24.
- Optional: Swimmers may also bring their own sports drink and/or healthy snacks to camp.
Day Campers check-in at 7:30 a.m. - 7:45 a.m., on Monday, June 20, on the pool deck located at the Westmont College Pool. Departure that day is at 3:00 p.m. and campers should be picked up at the pool.
On a daily basis, parents must sign-in and sign-out their swimmers with camp staff each morning and afternoon.
Tuesday-Friday, June 21-24, at 7:45 a.m.
Tuesday-Thursday, June 21-23, at 3:00 p.m.. See Camp Finale for earlier pick-up time on Friday.
On the pool deck at Westmont College Pool.
Overnight Campers check-in at 7:30 a.m. - 7:45 a.m., on Monday, June 20, on the pool deck located at the Westmont College Pool. Luggage may be brought to Camp Check-In at the pool facility and stored until room check-in later that day.
At the conclusion of camp on Friday, June 24, overnight campers need to be picked up at the end of the Finale Ceremony by 11:45 a.m. at the pool. After the ceremony, overnight campers may proceed to the camp residence to pick-up their luggage.
Swimmers stay two per room, each in their own bed. Every effort will be made to match swimmers in terms of age and maturity level. In some cases, swimmers may stay one per room.
The camp residence is conveniently located on Westmont College campus a short distance from the pool facility at Global Leadership Center. The dormitory rooms include: two twin beds, two desks, bed linens, blanket, and pillow. Campers should bring their own bath towel and personal toiletries including body wash, shampoo and conditioner. Daily housekeeping service is not provided.