California Lutheran University
Samuelson Aquatic Center
130 Overton Court
Thousand Oaks CA 91360
California Lutheran University
130 Overton Court
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Camp Check-In and Orientation for both swimmers and parents will take place at the Samuelson Aquatic Center, located at California Lutheran University. Please park in the general public lot at the corner of Mount Clef Boulevard and Olsen Road, adjacent to the pool.
Swimmers will start camp immediately following Orientation, and should arrive to camp wearing swimsuits underneath their dry-land clothing.
Monday, August 1, at 7:30 a.m.
Outside the front gate entrance to Samuelson Pool.
Luggage may be brought to Camp Check-In at the pool facility and stored until room check-in later that day.
Camp concludes with our special Finale Ceremony conducted at the California Lutheran University Samuelson Aquatic Center. Parents are invited to attend and should plan to pick-up their children promptly afterwards.
Since camp dismisses early on Friday, there will not be a lunch period that day and swimmers should plan to eat with their families afterwards.
Friday, August 5, at 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Pool Deck bleachers
After the ceremony, Overnight campers may proceed to the camp residence to pick-up their luggage.
What to Bring
Below is a recommended list of equipment and apparel. Peak Performance Swim Camp is not responsible for lost or stolen articles or money. Do NOT bring valuable items to camp with you – such as laptop computers or tablets.
- 2 Water Bottles – Properly labeled & already filled
- Swimsuit worn underneath dry-land clothing
- 2 Swim Caps (your personal favorites)
- Dark-Tinted or Mirrored Goggles
- Sunscreen SPF 30 or Higher
- 2 Large Pool Towels
- Closed-Toe Running Shoes for dry-land training
- Dry-Land Apparel: T-Shirt, Shorts, Leggings or Sweatpants
- Sweatshirt or Jacket
- Do NOT bring fins, pull-buoys, kick boards, etc.
- All of the Above Items
- Plus additional 2-3 Swimsuits
- Casual Clothing for Evening Activities
- Personal Toiletries (body wash, shampoo, conditioner, etc.)
- Extra Spending Money*
* Extra Spending Money: Parents may choose to send extra spending cash with their overnight camper. We suggest approximately $50-$75 to use for additional snacks and beverages, or souvenirs. Safekeeping of any cash allowance for overnight campers can be turned over to a camp staff member. Peak Performance Swim Camp is not responsible for valuables not under their supervision.
Food and Beverage
- All swimmers must bring 2 personal water bottles to camp, properly labeled, and already filled.
- A catered lunch for all campers (Day and Overnight) will be provided on Monday-Thursday.
- For swimmers with special diets (vegetarian, gluten-free, nut allergies, etc), we do our best to provide a healthy lunch alternative. However, swimmers may bring their own lunch if they prefer.
- The daily meal plan for Overnight campers includes a healthy, well-balanced breakfast/lunch/dinner, starting with lunch service on August 1, and ending with breakfast on August 5.
- Optional: Swimmers may also bring their own sports drink and/or healthy snacks to camp.
Day Campers check-in at 7:30 a.m., on Monday, August 1, at the Samuelson Aquatic Center located at California Lutheran University. Departure that day is at 3:00 p.m. and campers should be picked up at the pool.
On a daily basis, parents must sign-in and sign-out their swimmers with camp staff each morning and afternoon.
Tuesday-Friday, August 2-5, at 7:45 a.m.
Tuesday-Thursday, August 2-4, at 3:00 p.m.. See Camp Finale for earlier pick-up time on Friday.
On the pool deck at Samuelson Aquatic Center.
Overnight Campers check-in at 7:30 a.m., on Monday, August 1, at the Samuelson Aquatic Center located at California Lutheran University. Luggage may be brought to Camp Check-In at the pool facility and stored until room check-in later that day.
At the conclusion of camp on Friday, August 5, overnight campers need to be picked up at the end of the Finale Ceremony by 12:00 p.m. at the pool. After the ceremony, overnight campers may proceed to the camp residence to pick-up their luggage.
Swimmers stay two per room, each in their own bed. Every effort will be made to match swimmers in terms of age and maturity level. In some cases, swimmers may stay one per room.
The camp residence is conveniently located on the CLU campus at Kramer Court. The dormitory rooms include: two twin beds, two desks, bed linens, blanket, pillow, and bath towels. Campers should bring their own pool towels and personal toiletries including body wash, shampoo and conditioner. Daily housekeeping service is not provided.
EARLY ARRIVAL CAMPERS: For overnight campers who purchased the Early Arrival Package, check-in will occur on Sunday afternoon, July 31, between 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Our camp staff will contact parents via email 2-3 days in advance of camp commencement and coordinate the camper’s estimated time of arrival and mode of transportation.
The safety and well-being of our campers is our first concern. Overnight and Day campers are supervised at all camp activities. In addition, our camp staff resides in the overnight residence with our Overnight campers. If campers have any concerns such as grouping, homesickness, illness or injury, please ask them to talk to their coach first. Parents may also contact our camp coordinator at email@example.com or by phone at +1-503-708-3230. We are committed to making camp a great experience for your child.