Lake Forest Academy
Glore Memorial Gymnasium and Pool
1500 West Kennedy Road
Lake Forest IL 60045
Camp Check-In & Drop-Off
It’s of utmost importance to PEAK that we maintain an environment in which transmission of the COVID-19 virus is significantly reduced. The following procedures for all campers and their families must be adhered to during Camp Check-In and Drop-off.
CHECK-IN & DROP-OFF:
Daily, Monday-Friday, August 3-7, at 8:00 a.m. - 8:20 a.m.
Please form a car line at the drop-off location at the Lake Forest Academy Glore Memorial Gymnasium and Pool, on the far left side of the building.
- Campers must arrive and depart each day in their swimsuit underneath their dry-land clothing.
- Campers must wear a mask upon arrival each day and when entering the facility.
- Locker rooms will be closed, so campers will not be allowed to change or shower before/after camp.
- Drive your vehicle up to the designated drop-off location, where a PEAK staff member will greet you. The swimmer will remain in the car and roll down their window, while our staff administers a forehead temperature check and daily Covid screening. When complete, the swimmer may exit their car and proceed to their designated waiting area before entering the pool.
- Parents may not stay in the facility during the camp to observe the sessions, as the facility is closed to spectators.
- PEAK staff will wear a mask upon daily arrival and departure, and during times while inside the facility.
Similar to morning Drop-off, each afternoon Pick-up will occur outside of the facility.
Daily, Monday-Thursday, August 3-6, at 3:00 p.m.
Please form a car line at the same location as morning drop-off at the Lake Forest Academy Glore Memorial Gymnasium and Pool, on the far left side of the building.
- Drive your vehicle up to the designated location, where a PEAK staff member will greet you and call your child to the car for departure.
- Campers must wear a mask upon departure each day.
- PEAK staff will wear a mask upon daily departure.
Camp concludes early on Friday, August 7, at 12:00 p.m.. Parents will pick-up their children outside the facility in the car pool line.
Prior to dismissal, each swimmer will receive a special finale gift – including a PEAK tote bag, camp T-shirt and swim cap.
What to Bring
Below is a recommended list of equipment and apparel. Peak Performance Swim Camp is not responsible for lost or stolen articles or money. Do NOT bring valuable items to camp with you.
- Water Bottle – Properly labeled & already filled
- Optional: Bag Lunch with your favorite, healthy foods
- 2 Swim Caps (your personal favorites)
- Swimsuit worn underneath dry-land clothing
- 2 Large Pool Towels
- Running Shoes for dry-land training
- Dry-Land Apparel: T-Shirts, Shorts or Sweat Pants
- Do NOT bring fins, pull-buoys, kick boards, etc.
Food and Beverage
- A catered lunch for all campers will be provided on Monday-Thursday.
- OPTIONAL: Swimmers may choose to bring their own bag lunch, if they prefer food brought from home versus provided by the school cafeteria.
- For swimmers with special diets (vegetarian, gluten-free, nut allergies, etc); we do our best to provide a healthy lunch alternative.
- All swimmers must bring their own water bottles to camp, properly labeled, and already filled.