Peak Performance Swim Camp returns to Boston this spring to offer a speed camp for competitive swimmers! Our 2-day START & TURN CAMP provides two levels of specialized training for 12 & Over and 11 & Under athletes. PEAK coaches are masters at teaching race techniques, and our 1-on-1 attention provided to each swimmer sets PEAK apart from the rest. If speed is what you seek, come to PEAK!
START & TURN CAMP
For competitive swimmers ages 8-18.
Our 2-day Start & Turn Camp covers the front, back, and relay starts, plus the four-stroke turns. It’s the complete package over one weekend!
Starts and turns are the two weak links in competitive racing and can cost vital seconds, but we have the solution! Our start progressions improve speed and distance off the block. And our turn progressions teach swimmers how to plan the wall, turn with speed, and travel further underwater off the wall. Enhancing starts and turns is a fast way to boost performance and a smart investment in the future.
Note: This is NOT a learn-to-swim program, but specifically designed for competitive swimmers who can perform multiple lengths of all four strokes and the official starts and turns. Swimmers are assigned to lanes based on ability level. The daily skill progressions and challenging swim sets are adjusted to reflect skill and performance levels.
- Expert coaching
- 1-on-1 attention provided to each swimmer
- Custom curriculum designed by Olympic Coach Nick Baker
- Practices geared to all speed levels
- Personalized feedback throughout the day
- Focused in-water skill progressions
- Motivational Mind Power workshops
- Dynamic dry-land sessions
- Healthy mix of learning and fun
- Each camper receives a free PEAK Swim Cap and PEAK Wristband
TENTATIVE CAMP SCHEDULE
The schedule below outlines a sample agenda for the day.
- 8:45 AM – Daily Sign-In
- 9:00 AM – Dry Land
- 10:00 AM – Pool Session 1
- 12:00 PM – Lunch (Bring Your Own)
- 12:30 PM – Mind Power Workshop
- 1:00 PM – Pool Session 2
- 3:00 PM – Daily Sign Out
The daily curriculum includes two in-water training sessions (2 hours each), dry-land, and motivational mental skills training. The combined PEAK experience toughens swimmers mentally, boosts fitness and confidence, and improves essential swimming skills.