The Core Challenge #2
Your core plays a major role in swimming fast. The stronger you make it, the faster you’ll swim. Perform each exercise six days in a row, and record your results in the space provided.
Hollow Hold With Feet Off Ground
- Lie face up on the ground with your arms at your sides, knees bent, and feet off the ground.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles (as hard as you can) like a corset to set your core.
- Maintaining a set core is critical.
- Lift your shoulders off the ground, making sure to keep your lower back in a stable and fixed position.
- While lifting your shoulders, reach your arms towards the tops of your knees.
- Platinum: 4 rounds of 120 seconds
- Gold: 4 rounds of 90 seconds
- Silver: 4 rounds of 60 seconds
- Bronze: 4 rounds of 30 seconds
- Lie face up on the ground (on a soft surface) with your arms fully extended straight back behind your head and your legs fully extended in front of you.
- Raise your upper body and lower body off the ground approximately 35-degrees.
- Exhale and bend at your waist while raising your legs and arms (even higher) to meet in a jackknife movement.
- Slowly lower your arms and legs back to the starting position, inhaling as you do so.
- Platinum: 4 rounds of 12
- Gold: 4 rounds of 9
- Silver: 4 rounds of 7
- Bronze: 4 rounds of 5
Fill out my online form.